Medi-Cal Wellness Programs
Learn to Live a Healthier Life
Are you looking to achieve better and more complete health? Maybe you want to lose weight and keep it off. Or you want to quit smoking – this time for good! The good news is Health Net offers our members access to many wellness programs and services to live a healthy lifestyle. Best of all, the programs are offered at no cost.
If you're a member and would like to learn more about any of the programs and services listed below, please call Health Net's toll free Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711), Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific time.
Health Net's Health Education Department offers the following weight control programs at no cost. They are designed to help you and your family be at a healthy weight. Call the Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711), Monday–Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, for more information on any of the programs below.
Fit Families for Life – Home Edition
This is a five-week family program for your home. It will teach you how to make better food choices and how to exercise more. The program workbook is in English and Spanish and covers many topics. They include:
- How to read a nutrition facts label.
- Tips for adding fruits and veggies to your meals.
- Tips for eating out.
- Exercise, and much more.
You will also receive a healthy eating cookbook and an exercise band.
Healthy Habits for Healthy People
This program includes tips to help older adults eat healthy and stay active. Materials are mailed directly to your home. You also get a cookbook and stretch band.
Checkout the Fit Families For Life Video below, your family can do standing, chair and floor exercises for 10 minutes at a time.
Healthy Hearts Healthy Lives Program is a no cost program for Health Net Medi-Cal members. It provides helpful information on how to have a healthy heart. Available in English and Spanish, the program offers a tool kit and a tracking journal on tips to stay healthy. To learn more, call the Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711), Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Kick It California is a no cost stop smoking program for Health Net Medi-Cal members.
The program offers:
- Phone based counseling with a quit coach designed to help you and work with you. You can ask your quit coach questions and get advice during your quitting process.
- Tips and fact sheets on how to stop smoking.
- Nicotine patches is available to help you quit smoking.
- To enroll, call Kick It California toll free at 800-300-8086 (TTY: 711). Hours of operation are Monday–Friday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You may also enroll online.
Health Net wants to help our pregnant members have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Start Smart for Your Baby is our special program for women who are pregnant. See your doctor as soon as you know you are pregnant. You can get support from our services below:
- Pregnancy education packet with tips and tools to help you stay healthy.
- Nurse Case Management for high-risk pregnancies.
- Nurse advice line. When you are not feeling well and need help to decide what to do, you can talk to a nurse via the nurse advice line. You can reach the nurse advice line by calling the Member Services Department phone number on the back of your Health Net ID card, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Say "yes" to your health and "no" to diabetes. Yes Health's mobile app gives you a team of health coaches. Get Yes Health's all-mobile Diabetes Prevention Program at no cost to you. If you qualify you can choose to download the app.
Learn more about the Diabetes Prevention Program, and see if you qualify.
Health Net offers the Be In Charge! Disease Management Programs to help you manage conditions like asthma, diabetes and heart failure. This program includes:
- Tips and information to help you stay healthy.
- Care managers are available to answer questions about medicine, diet, and screening tests to control your condition.
Health Net invites members who may benefit from the program. You can also self-enroll by calling the Member Services Department phone number on the back of your Health Net ID card.
myStrength is a safe and secure program designed for you to feel better. This online program provides many tips and tools to help you improve your mental health. You can use it anytime you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Sign up is easy!
- Log in to myStrength.
- Click Sign Up.
- Complete the myStrength sign-up process with a brief wellness survey and a profile.
- Go mobile! Use myStrength on your phone. Download the myStrength app. Log in using the same email and password.
Facts to help you know about Mental Health and Addiction
The way you think and feel affects the way you live and react to things. It can also affect how you relate to people. Mental health is important at every stage of life.
Just like going to your doctor for a physical, your mental health sometimes needs a check-up too. If you or someone you know has a mental illness or a substance abuse problem, you can learn more to get help now.
An addiction is an urge to do something that is hard to control or stop. For many, substance and alcohol abuse can happen quickly and lead to addiction before they even know what happened.
Early warning signs of mental illness or addiction There is no easy way to test or know if you or someone has a mental illness or addiction. Each illness has its own symptoms, but there are some common warning signs of mental illness and addiction.
- Thinking about harming yourself or others
- Always worried or scared
- Having lots of nightmares
- Feeling confused or having trouble thinking
- Feeling sad most of the time
- Avoiding family and friends
- Yelling or screaming to be noticed
- Feeling angry and upset a lot of the time
- Mood changes or feeling like nothing matters
- Feeling hopeless, worthless and out of control
- Have trouble falling asleep or sleeping
- Sleeping, drinking or eating too much
- Using illegal drugs
- Not able to do daily things like go to school or work
- Stealing money or pills
Take care of yourself
- Seek help – Mental illness and addiction can be hard to talk about. It’s a very common problem and is not something we can treat ourselves. You can feel better by getting help today.
- Talk to those you trust – Open up and talk with your doctor, family and friends about your mental health and/or addiction.
- Learn all you can – Teach yourself and others about the facts on mental health and addiction.
- Know you can win – Speak up for yourself and others who have a mental illness or addiction.
Help a family member or friend
- Talk – Take your time. The person may not be in a place to talk, and that’s OK. Being gentle and kind can go a long way.
- Offer support – Be patient, provide hope and connect them to help when the time is right.
- Be a friend – Respect and be open to their thoughts and feelings.
- Get advice – Reach out to get advice on how to help. Talk to a family member, faith leader, school counselor, teacher or coach.
- Increase awareness – Speak to others about mental health and addiction. Help those who are having a hard time finding their voice.
Health Net Medi-Cal Members: Health Net offers programs to help our members stay healthy
If you think you have a medical or mental health emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room right away for help.
If you are ready to get help or have questions about our programs and services, call Health Net at 800-675-6110 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
MHN – Need to talk to someone right away? Call MHN at 800-322-9707 (TTY: 711). Crisis support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
myStrength – Focus on your mental health is important. myStrength is a private online program to help you to gain and maintain mental and physical health. Sign up now. Also available on your phone, download the app.
Health Net Community Connect (Aunt Bertha) – Find the help you need at Health Net, go to Health and Wellness, scroll down to Community Connect. Enter a zip code to find local programs, connect to services and apply for benefits.
Sources and helpful websites:
Health Net provides many health education classes in the community. The classes are available in English and Spanish.
If you are interested in joining a class, please call our free Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711), Monday–Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m Pacific time.
Partnered with UCLA Fielding School of Public Health and EPG Technologies, Inc., Health Net has created a health based social media website available to all teens and adults.
T2X gives you the opportunities to:
- Learn about health issues like asthma, diabetes, depression, anti-bullying, immunization, STDs, teen pregnancy through videos, articles and blogs.
- Share thoughts and network with others.
- Learn how to access and use health services.
Log in to T2X and get started today!
Call our toll-free Health Education Information Line at 1-800-804-6074 (TTY: 711), Monday–Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, to request print health education materials be mailed to your home. These health education materials cover topics on dental care, diabetes, preventive screenings, weight control and more. You can also view the materials PDFs below.
Breast Cancer Screening (BCS)
- Breast Cancer Screening (BCS) – English (PDF)
- Breast Cancer Screening (BCS) – En Español (Spanish) (PDF)
Cervical Cancer Screening (CCS)
- Cervical Cancer Screening (CCS) – English (PDF)
- Cervical Cancer Screening (CCS) – En Español (Spanish) (PDF)
- Dental Tips for Healthy Teeth – English (PDF)
- Dental Tips for Healthy Teeth – En Español (Spanish) (PDF)
Health Education Programs
- Health Education Programs and Services – English (PDF)
- Health Education Programs and Services – En Español (Spanish) (PDF)
Preventive Screening Guidelines
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – English (PDF)
- Preventive Screening Guidelines – En Español (Spanish) (PDF)
- Health Net Community Connect – Find free and reduced cost social services in your community. Find services like food, shelter, job training, legal assistance and more. We are proud to partner with Aunt Bertha to help you find programs and services in your area.
- Krames Staywell Health Library – Resource library to help you learn about your health and how to stay healthy.
- Health and Medications – Easy access to more than 4,000 health sheets.
- Wellness and Lifestyle Improvements – We have added a new set of assessments and tools to help you.