Service Areas in California
Medi-Cal Service Areas in California
Health Net offers Medi-Cal in many counties throughout California, serving more than 3 million Californians statewide. We do this by making it simple for you to get the important health care benefits and services you and your family need.
Who is able to get the Medi-Cal program?
In order to receive a Health Net Medi-Cal plan, you must first be enrolled in Medi-Cal through your local social services office.
Medi-Cal beneficiaries can enroll in Health Net by calling Health Net's Enrollment Services toll-free at 1-800-327-0502.
Health Net Medi-Cal is offered in these California counties1:
- Los Angeles2
- San Diego
- San Joaquin
1 The service area is defined by ZIP codes. Not all counties have full approval. Plus, not all Health Net products are offered in every service area.
2 Health Net's Medi-Cal dental plan is offered.
Easy to apply
Don't have Medi-Cal but think you qualify? Contact your local social services office.
Once you have Medi-Cal, you can choose to join our plan by enrolling in Health Net, CalViva or California Health & Wellness. You have a few easy options:
- Call us toll free at 1-800-327-0502, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Pacific time. We'll guide you through the Healthcare Options (HCO) process.
- Call HCO at 1-800-430-4263 (TTY 1-800-430-7077) and let them know you'd like Health Net as your Medi-Cal plan.
- Download and complete the HCO Medi-Cal Managed Care Choice Enrollment Form, then mail it in.
That's all it takes.
If you'd like help choosing a plan, or if you have questions, please call us. We're happy to help! We can help you find out which programs you and your children are able to get and to assist you with your application(s). Call us at 1-800-327-0502, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific time.
You can also contact Health Care Options at the number listed above. Or, visit the Health Care Options website.
Health Net's Medi-Cal Dental Plan
Who is able to receive Health Net's Medi-Cal Dental Plan?
You may qualify for Health Net's Medi-Cal dental plan if you receive Medi-Cal and the following applies to you:
- You live in either Los Angeles or Sacramento counties.
- You receive no-cost Medi-Cal.
- You want to switch from your current Medi-Cal managed dental plan.
- You want to switch from your fee-for-service dental services or Denti-Cal.
Health Net's Medi-Cal dental plan is offered in the following counties:
- Los Angeles – Choose plan code 405.
- Sacramento – Choose plan code 427.